The Cybersecurity Threat Landscape is fast-moving; with this in mind, we ask that you remain vigilant and alert while using devices, data, applications, and networks.
Depending on the type of breach or attack, do the following:
- Disconnect your computer from the network – via network cable or power down the computer.
- Inform your direct manager immediately
- Have as much information as possible to provide to the IT Helpdesk such as your computer name, serial number, time of the event, what is the potential cause of the event, or how did it start
- If an Application/Cloud Portal, i.e. Office 365, is compromised, have your Credentials to hand
- If credentials such as a username or password are compromised. Think about whether those credentials are used elsewhere and change those passwords
- If your email is compromised, do not send emails – contact the IT Service Desk via phone at 021 2429417
- If you do receive weird, suspicious emails and want them checked out, attach them to a new email and send them to email@example.com